Veolia Customer Satisfaction Survey 2018
Between the 10 September 2018 and 10 October 2018 Veolia, our recycling, waste and cleansing contractor, undertook a Customer Satisfaction Survey.
During the survey around 35,000 properties received a paper survey form and an on-line version was available for residents to complete if they preferred.
The survey asked a number of questions about how satisfied residents were with the services Veolia provides, including collection services, street and beach cleaning and the household waste recycling centres. Residents were also asked to indicate how satisfied they were with information provided by Veolia, about the services they provide to residents on behalf of Southend-on-Sea Borough Council and, if they had cause to contact Veolia directly, how satisfied they were with the experience. The intention being to use the results of the survey to explore how Veolia could improve residents experience of the services provided.
A total of 5,248 residents responded to the survey, of these 4,631 were paper responses and 617 responses were through the on-line survey option.
The responses have now been analysed and overall the results indicated fairly high levels of satisfaction, key results are:
- Recycling and waste collection service – 86% of respondents were satisfied
- Street and beach cleaning service – 68% and 67% (respectively) of respondents were satisfied
- Household Waste Recycling Centres (HWRCs) – 88% of respondents using the sites were satisfied
- Contact with Veolia – 71% of respondents that had had direct contact with Veolia were satisfied
- Information received from Veolia about services – 75% of respondents were satisfied
A number of questions were also asked about how residents experience of the different services could be improved and the individual comments from respondents are currently being reviewed by Veolia. These will also be used for further exploration of how to improve residents satisfaction of these services.
Please see a summary of the results.
Southend-on-Sea Borough Council would like to thank everyone who participated in the 2018 Veolia Customer Satisfaction Survey
Page last updated: 16/01/2019