New 60 bed care facility and day centre project
The council is building a new 60-bedroom care facility and day care centre on the site of the existing Priory care home and PLT Southend Academy (formerly Seabrook College) in Burr Hill Chase, Prittlewell.
The new facility will replace the smaller Priory and Delaware care homes and provide a new home for the Viking day care centre.
It will be operated by Southend Care Ltd under a lease agreement and will provide high quality services for people with high and complex needs, including dementia, and incorporating specialist services for people with disabilities. The new centre will be flexible, enabling people to remain as independent as possible, offering a wide range of activities to meet individual needs and interests as well as providing personal care, therapeutic and health interventions.
- Appointment of design team and quantity surveyor – October 2017
- Planning application submitted - Summer 2018
- Demolition of PLT Southend Academy (who are moving to former Wentworth School site) – late summer/early Autumn 2018
- Work begins on site (subject to planning approval) - late 2018
- Construction completed - Spring 2020
- New care facility and day care centre opens - early Summer 2020.
Page last updated: 31/01/2018