Equipment and Support to Keep you Safe at Home

We provide equipment, support and advice to help you live as independently as possible in your own home.

  • An Occupational Therapist will visit you to assess your needs and to see if you qualify for equipment or support
  • If you do qualify, we will loan equipment to you. If you wish to buy your own equipment, our Occupational Therapist can give you advice or you could visit our Southend Independent Living website to find out what would suit you best and where to get it. Your GP may be able to provide you with walking frames, continence products or skin pressure care
  • Careline is a home alarm system that means you can contact help in an emergency 24 hours a day, all year round
  • Telecare is a monitoring system that can trigger an alarm for various things such as a fall, flood, gas leak or fire

Aids for Independent Living

  • Southend Independent Living has a range of aids to make everyday tasks simpler. Please call 01702 212 021 or visit Southend Independent Living for further information

Maintenance of Loaned Equipment

  • If your loaned equipment is not working properly or broken you should contact the Equipment Service on 01702 442133 who will arrange for a repair or replacement
  • We have to check some equipment regularly to make sure it is working correctly. We may contact you by telephone to carry out this check
  • Please arrange the return of any loaned equipment you no longer need by calling the Equipment Service on 01702 442133

Page last updated: 07/08/2019