We received £25 million from central government to use on key projects to help regenerate and redevelop the town.
- In the biggest investment of its kind, improvements we made improvements to City Beach, Victoria Square, Cuckoo Corner and Progress Road junction on the A127.
- New idea's, new technology and new materials were used and all of the schemes included cycle facilities as part of Southend's status as a cycling town.
Current and Past Projects
We have many transport policies, projects and schemes that have been developed and implemented to improve travelling to, from and within the borough. The projects cover driving, public transport, cycling and walking.
Our current projects include:
Some of our past projects are:
- A127 Tesco's Junction improvements
- City Beach Pedestrian Crossing Enhancement
- Progress Road Junction improvements
- Priory Crescent junction improvements
- Victoria Gateway improvements
- SaMERU (Safer Mobility for Elderly) European Partnership
- Better Bus Area Fund
For full details visit our Transport Archive.
View the Better Southend Twitter.
Page last updated: 20/11/2018