Southend 2050 - Opportunity and Prosperity
By the year 2050 how does our borough, Southend-on-Sea, look and feel?
Southend-on-Sea and its residents benefit from being close to London, but with so many options to build a career or grow a business locally, we're much more than a commuting town. Affordability and accessibility have made Southend-on-Sea popular with start-ups, giving us the edge in developing our tech and creative sectors, whilst helping to keep large, established employers investing in the borough. People here feel valued, nutured and invested in. This means that they have a love of learning, a sense of curiosity and are ready for school, employment and the bright and varied life opportunities ahead of them.
Outcomes - In five years' time:
- the Local Plan is setting an exciting planning framework for the borough
- we have a fast-evolving, re-imagined and thriving town centre, with an inviting mix of shops, homes, culture and leisure opportunities
- our children are school and life ready and our workforce is skilled and job ready
- key regeneration schemes, such as Queensway, seafront developments and the Airport Business Park are underway and bringing prosperity and job opportunities to the borough
- southend is a place that is renowned for its creative industries, where new businesses thrive and where established employers and others invest for the long term
Page last updated: 08/08/2019