Coronavirus – upcoming council meetings cancelled
Published Tuesday, 17th March 2020
In view of the current Coronavirus situation and having regard to Government advice, it's been decided that the three scrutiny committees for this week (16, 17 and 18 March 2020) will not take place.
In addition the following meetings have been cancelled:
- Shareholder Board - 23 March 2020
- Special Cabinet and special Place Scrutiny Committee - 24 March 2020
- Special Policy & Resources Scrutiny Committee - 25 March 2020
- Environment & Planning Working Party - 25 March 2020
- Licensing Sub-Committee C - 26 March 2020
- Full Council - 26 March 2020
These decisions have been taken in consultation with the relevant chairs, the Group Leaders and the Mayor.
After 26 March 2020, we are entering a period when there are only a few meetings planned up until the end of the municipal year. We will review the position as circumstances and the national position changes. It may be possible to deal with meetings virtually if Government enact legislation which was muted yesterday and we can find a technical solution.
If urgent matters arise over the next few weeks (including any matters from the uncompleted Cabinet cycle referred to above), then these will be dealt with under the Council’s urgency procedures as far as possible: The process has been discussed with the Group Leaders.