Pride and Joy
By the year 2050, how does our city look and feel?
People are proud of living in Southend - the historic buildings and well-designed new developments, open spaces, and the seafront. Southend’s city centre has generated jobs, homes and leisure opportunities and our focal centres all offer something different and distinctive.
Southend has a reputation for creativity and culture and is a place that residents and visitors can enjoy in all seasons.
Above all we continue to cherish our coastline as a place to come together, be well and enjoy life.
The outcomes we want to achieve:
- we act as a sustainable and green city embracing the challenges of the Climate Emergency Declaration made in 2019
- our streets and public spaces are valued and support the mental and physical wellbeing of residents and visitors
- the variety and quality of our outstanding cultural and leisure offer has increased for our residents and visitors, and we have become the region’s first choice coastal tourism destination
- we will assess how to best manage our coastline to protect people, residential and commercial properties, designated habitats, public open spaces and agricultural land from coastal flood and erosion risk
- there is a sense of pride in the place, with local people actively and knowledgably talking up the city
Get in touch
For more information about the Pride and Joy theme and respective outcomes, please email us.