Pride and Joy
By the year 2050 how does our borough, Southend-on-Sea, look and feel?
People are proud of where they live:
- the historic buildings and well designed new developments
- the seafront
- the open spaces
The city centre has generated:
- leisure opportunities
whilst our focal centres all offer something different and distinctive.
With its reputation for creativity and culture, as well as the draw of the seaside, Southend is a place that everyone can enjoy in all seasons.
Above all we continue to cherish our coastline as a place to come together, be well and enjoy life.
Outcomes - In five years' time
- there is a tangible sense of pride in the place and local people are actively, and knowledgeably, talking up Southend-on-Sea
- the variety and quality of our understanding cultural and leisure offer has increased and we have become the first choice English coastal destination for visitors
- we have invested in protecting and nuturing our coastline, which continues to be our much loved and best used asset
- our streets and public spaces are clean and inviting