Opportunity and Prosperity
By the year 2050 how does our borough, Southend-on-Sea, look and feel?
Its residents benefit from being close to London.
They have so many options to build a career or grow a business locally. We are so much more than a commuting town.
Affordability and accessibility have made Southend popular with start-ups. This gives us the edge in developing our tech and creative sectors. Whilst also helping to keep large, established employers investing in the borough.
People here feel:
- invested in
This means that they have a love of learning, a sense of curiosity and are ready for school, employment and the bright and varied life opportunities ahead of them.
Outcomes - In five years' time:
- the Local Plan is setting an exciting planning framework for the borough
- we have a fast-evolving, re-imagined and thriving town centre, with an inviting mix of shops, homes, culture and leisure opportunities
- our children are school and life ready and our workforce is skilled and job ready
- key regeneration schemes, such as Queensway, seafront developments and the Airport Business Park are underway and bringing prosperity and job opportunities to the borough
- southend is a place that is renowned for its creative industries, where new businesses thrive and where established employers and others invest for the long term