Monday to Friday: 08:30 to 17:00.
Events in the evenings and at weekends may be available on request
The venue has been risk assessed and has received Covid secure status.
What are our rooms used for?
The bright, modern adaptable rooms provide the perfect setting for a variety of events including:
- business meetings and away days
- interviews and private appointments
- arts and crafts workshops
- exhibitions and functions
- sports and fitness classes
- performing and martial arts
- meditation and relaxation
- support and social groups
- 121 and group tuition
- Council meetings
The centre has the council chamber, committee rooms and meeting rooms which can be hired by the:
- on a short-term basis
Our room hire fees can be found at the bottom of this page.
We also have a large public foyer area suitable for table sales and promotional display. Please Note: Promotional displays are currently suspended
The centre offers a wide range of facilities which include:
- manned reception desk
- accessible location
- self-serve room hire
- pay and display parking
- adaptable room layouts (S, M, L, XL)
- free filtered water
- free Wi-Fi
- public toilets
- excellent transport links
- bike shelter
We also have equipment available for you to use.
Where is the Civic located?
The Civic is located close to central Southend, its beaches; miles of beautiful coastline and of course Southend’s famous Pier.
- London Southend Airport is just 10 minutes away by road
- close to Prittlewell train station, where you can reach London Liverpool Street train station within the hour
- 5 minutes stroll to main bus and coach routes in and out of the town
- minutes away from major road connections towards London via the A13 and A127 leading to the M25
- on-site pay and display parking
The venues location can be found on Google maps.
Please fill out our online enquiry form to check availability or to arrange a time to view the centre.
Complete the Southend Venues Table Sales & Promotional Display Booking Form to book this space
Corporate Venues Team Office Hours: Monday to Friday: 08:30-17:00
Telephone: 01702 212032
Room Hire Fees
|Standard Room Hire Fees||Off Peak Offers|
|Civic Centre||Hourly||Half Day||Full Day||Mon to Thur 3hrs||Weekend 3hrs|
|up to 1 hour||up to 4 hours||up to 9 hours||16:00 - 22:00||09:00 - 15:00|
(Weekdays 09:00 - 17:00 only
|Committee Rooms 2 • 7|
|Committee Rooms 3 • 4 • 5 • 6|
|Committee Rooms 1.4a|
|Extra Large Rooms||£100||£300||£600||£200||£250|
|Conference Chamber inc Public Gallery|