Pay Your Business Rates
Are you struggling to Pay your Business Rates?
If you are struggling to pay your Business rates please contact us immediately, we are always willing to listen. The Business Rates Team can check that you are getting any reductions you may be entitled to and/or assist you to set up a special payment arrangement that is agreeable to both yourself and Southend-on-Sea Borough Council. Do not ignore the debt – it will not go away!
Contact the Business Rates Team by:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 01702 215001 and select option 4
- In writing: Business Rates, Civic Centre, Victoria Avenue, Southend-on-Sea, Essex SS2 6AN
If you don’t pay your Business Rates
- If you miss an instalment we will send you a reminder giving you seven days to bring your payments up to date.
- If you make this payment but miss another instalment we will send you a final notice telling you to pay the full balance for the year.
- If you do not make the payment requested in your reminder, we will start recovery action and further costs will be added.
- We can apply to the Magistrates' court for a Liability Order. The court will send you a summons telling you the amount outstanding; including costs and the date the court will make a decision. If a summons is issued, additional court costs will be payable.
If you are struggling with your payments or other financial commitments, and would like free and impartial advice you could also contact the following organisations:
Page last updated: 12/02/2018