Local Land Charges Search

Access to Property Information Service

It is now possible for members of the public or other agents to obtain the necessary information from us to respond to an LLC1 search request by using one of two methods:

  • The Official Local Authority Search Service or
  • Access to Property Information Service.

To apply for information under the Access to Property Information Service you will need to download the relevant form.

LLC1 Property Information Request

We will return the information, by email, within 20 working days of receipt and validation of the application. Any invalid applications will be returned, by email, within 48 hours of receipt.

Information which is available on our website will not be provided through the Access to Property Information Service. Where records such as planning files are available for public inspection on our website or are available from an external organisation or public utility, that information will not be provided as part of this service.

Details of property history between January, 1990 and December 1999 will be provided but any later property history can be obtained via our Public Access website.

Please note – this is for planning information only and building control matters can be viewed here.

We do not guarantee any responses to LLC1 requests carried out by members of the public or agents acting on their behalf. It will be the responsibility of the applicant to satisfy themselves as to the accuracy and completeness of any unofficial LLC1 documentation.

Access to Building Control information (CON29).

The Local Land Charges Team no longer provide this information via the Access to Information Service.

Information regarding Building Control matters can now be obtained via the Council’s website here. Applicants should search the Building Control data by entering the address into the relevant box on the screen and using the tabs at the top of the screen to ascertain the required information. Any further queries regarding Building Control matters should be directed to the Building Control Section direct.

Page last updated: 31/01/2017