Health & Wellbeing Board
Health & Wellbeing Board
Find out more about health and wellbeing related services in Southend
SHIP is Southend’s Information Point and Directory of Services for Adults, Children and Families. Find out more at http://www.southendinfopoint.org/
Health and Wellbeing in Southend-on-Sea
Following the Health and Social Care Act 2012, Southend-on-Sea has a Health and Wellbeing Board which is made up of local statutory organisations and health related partners who are working in partnership to improve health and wellbeing for Southend's residents. The ambition is that everyone living in Southend-on-Sea has the best possible opportunity to live long, fulfilling, healthy lives.
- Our children to have the best start in life
- To encourage and support local people to make healthier choices
- People to have control over their lives as independently as possible
- To enable our older population to lead fulfilling lives as citizens
Southend's Health and Wellbeing Board is made up of representatives from:
- Southend-on-Sea Borough Council
- NHS Southend Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG)
- Southend Healthwatch
- Southend University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- South Essex Partnership University NHS Foundation Trust (SEPT)
- Southend Association of Voluntary Services (SAVS)
- Pre-School Learning Alliance
Find out more about how partners are working together to improve patient experience through the Integrated Care Pioneer scheme.
Cllr L Salter - Health and Wellbeing Board Chair, Southend-on-Sea Borough Council
Cllr C Willis - Councillor, Southend-on-Sea Borough Council
Cllr F Evans - Councillor, Southend-on-Sea Borough Council
Cllr B Ayling - Councillor, Southend-on-Sea Borough Council
Cllr J Lamb - Councillor, Southend-on-Sea Borough Council
Cllr T Callaghan - Councillor, Southend-on-Sea Borough Council
Rob Tinlin - Chief Executive & Town Clerk, Southend-on-Sea Borough Council
Simon Leftley - Corporate Director for People, Southend-on-Sea Borough Council
Andrea Atherton - Director of Public Health, Southend-on-Sea Borough Council
Andrew Pike - NHS England - Essex Local Area Team Director
Mandy O'Calaghan - Southend Healthwatch
Dr Krishna Chaturvedi - Clinical Executive Committee Chair, NHS Southend Clinical Commissioning Group
Dr José Garcia Lobera - Chair, NHS Southend Clinical Commissioning Group
Melanie Craig - Chief Officer, NHS Southend Clinical Commissioning Group
Southend University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
Sally Morris - Chief Executive, South Essex Partnership University NHS Foundation Trust (SEPT)
Alison Semmence - Chief Executive Officer, Southend Association of Voluntary Services (SAVS)
Neil Leitch - Chief Executive, Pre-school Learning Alliance
Elizabeth Chidgey - Chair, Southend Safeguarding Children and Adults Boards
Southend Health and Wellbeing Board meetings
As a member of the public, you can attend Southend's Health and Wellbeing Board meetings. Residents of Southend can submit questions to Southend Health and Wellbeing Board as follows;
- Questions must be submitted to the Democratic Services team either by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to: Democratic Services Team, Floor 2, Civic Centre, Victoria Avenue, Southend-on-Sea, SS2 6ER, not later than 2 clear working days before the date of the meeting.
- Questions need to relate to the business of the Board.
- Answers will be provided in writing as well as addressed at the next eligible Health and Wellbeing Board meeting.
- The period for addressing questions will not exceed 15 minutes.
- Neither question nor response will be subject of debate.
Wednesday, 22nd March, 5pm - Committee Room 1 / Jubilee Room, Civic Centre, Victoria Avenue, Southend-on-Sea (Sat Nav: SS26LR)
Minutes for previous meetings can be viewed on our Minutes Section.
For questions about Southend's Health and Wellbeing Board, please contact Robert Harris, Committee Officer on 01702 215000 or email email@example.com.
Page last updated: 22/03/2017