The Waste Hierarchy
Whenever you have a clear out at work think about what could be reused or recycled.
- Prevention – how might you avoid producing the waste your business generates in the first place?
- Minimise the amount of waste you produce and reuse items where possible
- Recycling – where waste cannot be reused, can it be recycled?
- If materials can’t be reused or recycled, might any other value be extracted from it?
- The final option, and the least favourable on the waste hierarchy, is disposal
For guidance on how to apply the waste hierarchy, or to develop your own waste hierarchy, tailored to your business, please see the WRAP Waste Hierarchy E-Publications guide.
Page last updated: 19/06/2017