Viewing Electoral Registers
Viewing the Current Electoral Registers at the Civic Centre
- Please note that the only registers available for inspection at the Civic Centre are the current edition of the full and edited registers.
- Appointments are not necessary to view the edited register.
- Anyone wishing to view the full version of the register should speak to the Electoral Office on 01702 215010 to find out if an appointment is necessary.
- All viewings of the full register must be supervised.
- Please also note that electronic copying of the full register is prohibited, however hand written notes are permitted.
Viewing Older Versions of the Full Register of Electors
- Southend Central Library holds copies of registers from 1949 current.
- Anyone requiring access to these registers should contact Southend Library at The Forum on 01702 215011.
- For information regarding restrictions on viewing electoral registers please see the download below.
Two Versions of the Register
The Full Register
- The full register has the names and addresses of everyone registered to vote and is updated every month.
- Anyone can look at it, but copies can only be supplied for certain purposes, such as elections and law enforcement.
- Credit reference agencies are also allowed to use the full register, but only to check your name and address if you are applying for credit, and to help stop 'money laundering'.
- Anyone who has a copy of the register will be committing a criminal offence if they unlawfully pass on information from it.
- You do not have a choice about your name and address being on this register.
The Edited Register
- The edited register will be available for general sale and can be used for any purpose.
- You can choose not to be on it.
- The edited register can be bought by any person, company or organisation and could be used for different purposes such as checking your identity and commercial activities such as marketing.
Changing your Name on the Electoral Register
If you wish to make a change to your details on the Electoral Register due to marriage or any other reason please contact us on 215010 and we will send you the appropriate form to complete.
Page last updated: 09/02/2017