Information about Parking Fines
|Pay Your Parking Fine Here|
- Our Mobile CCTV vehicles and Civil Enforcement Officers (Traffic Wardens) will take a photograph of your vehicle.
- If your vehicle is found to be parked illegally, you will receive a parking fine (Penalty Charge Notice PCN).
- Charging will change depending where you have parked and why you have been given a parking fine.
If you pay your parking fine within 14 days of receiving it, you will get a discount of 50%
If you do not pay within 28 days, we will send you a reminder.
- If you do not pay within 28 days of receiving the reminder, the cost will increase by 50%.
- If you do not pay within 42 days of receiving the reminder, we will register the debt at court.
Parking fines are issued for:
- Parking on yellow lines or where waiting or loading restrictions are in force
- Parked, loading or unloading in a restricted street
- Parking without clearly displaying a valid ticket
- Parked longer than permitted
- Return to the same parking place within the prescribed time (as shown on the traffic sign) of leaving the parking place
- Parking in a specially reserved bay, e.g. a loading place, a disabled bay or taxi rank unless you are authorised to do so
- Parking at a bus stop during prohibited hours.
How to pay your parking fine
- If you pay your parking fine within 14 days of receiving it, you will get a discount of 50%.
Note: For non-UK residents you will need to pay your parking fine using our Automated Payment Service on 08702 406650.
- You can pay your parking fine online here with a credit or debit card. You will not be able to use Diners Card or American Express.
- Telephone 0870 2406650 – you will need to have your PCN number and credit or debit card details.
- Calls are charged at the National Rate as charged by your telephone provider.
- You will not be charged a surcharge for this payment if paying by credit or debit card.
- Make your cheque or postal order payable to Southend-on-Sea Borough Council. Write the PCN number overleaf on the reverse. Fill in the slip attached to the Notice and enclose it with your payment.
- For Credit or Debit card payments made by Mastercard, Visa or Delta fill in the slip attached to the Notice.
Please do not send cash through the post. No cash can be accepted at the Council Offices. Post dated cheques will not be accepted.
You can challenge your parking fine online here.
Page last updated: 26/03/2015