Director of Public Health Annual Report
The Director of Public Health has a statutory duty to produce an independent annual report that looks at the health and wellbeing of our local population. The report is intended to be a key document for all organisations and individuals involved in improving the health of the people of Southend-on-Sea.
In Southend-on-Sea, the Annual Public Health Report explores different themes each year. This in-depth look allows us to identify our key priorities in these areas and make recommendations for further actions through which the greatest improvements in health can be made.
The Annual Public Health Report for Southend-on-Sea 2013
This report focuses on lifestyle behaviours and how these impact on the health of the local population. In addition it looks at the topic of sexual health.
The main content of the report is structured around the following:
- Key recommendations
- Demography of Southend-on-Sea
- Tackling unhealthy behaviours
- Obesity, physical activity and healthy eating
- Sexual health
The 2014 Annual Public Health report
This report focuses on health and wellbeing at either end of the age spectrum – the very start of life and older people. Its contents include:
- Executive Summary
- Summary of Recommendations
- Profile of Children and Young People in Southend-on-Sea
- Starting Well – An Introduction
- Starting Well – Preconception and Pregnancy
- Infancy and Early Childhood
- Profile of Older People in Southend-on-Sea
- Ageing Well – An Overview
- Long Term Conditions, Integrated Care and Services
- Health Protection
- Progress with Recommendations from 2013 Annual Public Health Report
The Annual Public Health Report for Southend-on-Sea 2015
This report focuses on healthy settings and explores the opportunities for improving health and wellbeing provided by early education and childcare settings, schools, homes, the workplace as well as the physical environment of the Borough.
Page last updated: 20/06/2017