Costs & Charges
Each plot is measured in rods and comes in 5 or 10 rod plots (1 rod = 5m2).
The cost of a plot is:
- £4.00 per rod / per year or
- £2.00 per rod / per year for concessions (under 18, over 60 and unemployed). This is for all the time that you are unemployed not just the first year.
There is also a set water charge on top of the cost of the plot of:
- £7 per year for up to 5 rods or
- £14 per year for up to 10 rods.
Applying for an Allotment
If you are interested in renting a plot on any of the Southend sites please contact the Green Space Development Officers using our contact details.
To rent a plot on one of the below Leigh sites please contact Leigh Town Council on 01702 716288 or email email@example.com.
- Marshall Close
- Manchester Drive (Society Site)
- Leigh Allotments
Please note: Only residents in the Leigh Town Council area qualify for these allotment sites. If you do not live in this area then you will not be able to rent an allotment on these sites.
For more information about allotments please see 'A Guide to Allotment Sites in Southend' in our related downloads at the bottom of this page.
Page last updated: 13/02/2014