Costs & Charges
Each plot is measured in rods and comes in 5 or 10 rod plots (1 rod = 5m2).
The cost of a plot is:
- £4.00 per rod / per year or
- £2.00 per rod / per year for concessions (under 18, over 60 and unemployed). This is for all the time that you are unemployed not just the first year.
There is also a set water charge on top of the cost of the plot of:
- £7 per year for up to 5 rods or
- £14 per year for up to 10 rods.
Applying for an Allotment
If you are interested in renting a plot on any of the Southend sites please contact the Green Space Development Officers using our contact details.
To rent a plot on one of the below Leigh sites please contact Leigh Town Council on 01702 716288 or email email@example.com.
- Marshall Close
- Manchester Drive (Society Site)
- Leigh Allotments
For more information about allotments please see 'A Guide to Allotment Sites in Southend' in our related downloads at the bottom of this page.
Page last updated: 17/10/2014