Caravan Sites and Mobile Home Parks
To operate a mobile home, caravan or camping site, various permissions are required for example from the owner and relevant council departments such as Planning. In addition a Fire Risk Assessment must be carried out and approved by the Essex County Fire and Rescue Service. Once these have been obtained, a licence must be obtained from the local authority and this element is administered by the Private Sector Housing team.
ContactPrivate Sector Housing Team
Department for People
Southend-on-Sea Borough Council
The licence when granted may have conditions attached covering such matters as:
- restricting when caravans can be on the site for human habitation or restricting the number of caravans that can be on the site at any one time
- controlling the types of caravans on the site
- controlling the positioning of the caravans or regulating the use of other structures and vehicles including tents
- ensuring steps are taken to enhance the land, including planting/replanting bushes and trees
- ensuring that sanitary and other facilities, services and equipment are supplied and maintained.
Page last updated: 09/08/2016