Adult Social Care

If you arrange and pay for your own social care or use direct payments to do this and have problems with the care you receive, you should contact your care provider.

If you are not satisfied with their response and they are registered with the Care Quality Commission, you can contact the Local Government Ombudsman (LGO), an independent and impartial body who can investigate your complaint.

For more information contact The Local Government Ombudsman on:
0300 061 0614, or write to:

The Local Government Ombudsman
PO Box 4771

Or visit their website.

This does not apply for those employing a personal assistant or other care provider not registered with the CQC. For advice and guidance on employing a Personal Assistant, contact: on: 01702 214 540 or write to:

Vibrance Direct Payments Advice 
90 - 92 Baxter Avenue 
Essex SS2 6HZ

If you use direct payments and are unhappy with your social care assessment or any of our staff involved in your direct payments, you can:

  • complete the online complaint form on the Council website
  • contact your social worker or key worker or the Customer Services Manager on 01702 215008 or email:

For more information about making a compliment, comment or complaint, see our leaflet: 'How you can help us to improve services' under 'Related Downloads' at the bottom of this page.

If you are concerned that you or someone else is at risk of harm or exploitation, it is important to tell someone. You can do this by:

  • contacting Adult Social Care Services on 01702 215008
  • completing our online 'Safeguarding Adults' form
  • telephoning one of the numbers below:
    • Southend Police Station:
      01702 431212
    • Asksal - safeguarding adults helpline:
      0808 8010345

Page last updated: 24/06/2015