Are you a Landlord looking to work with Southend-on-Sea Council?

Private Sector Solutions

We work with many landlords and managing agents within the city to house those most in need.

Do you have a property you would like to offer the Council?

Currently we are able to offer:

  • paying a rent in advance and deposit or bond
  • paying a cash incentive at the start of the tenancy
  • offering tenancy sustainment

If you are interested in working with us, please email or call 01702 534009. Our officers will be on hand to guide you through the process. You will need:

  • to have the property ready for inspection
  • gas and electrical safety certificates
  • a valid energy performance certificate
  • selective licence or HMO licence
  • proof of ownership

How the scheme works

We will find you a tenant. A full affordability check and housing history will be done. You do not have to accept the tenant if you do not want to.

The tenancy agreement will be between the landlord and the tenant. Landlords are expected to manage the tenancy including:

  • property repairs
  • maintenance
  • rent accounting

A Tenancy Sustainment Officer (TSO) will be available to assist and support where required to ensure a successful tenancy.

Ongoing support

The TSO will assist the tenant in setting up rent payments either via Universal Credit or standing order from their bank account.

The TSO will carry out a mid tenancy inspections to ensure your property is being kept to a good clean standard, you will be contacted after each visit via email.

Contact us - My property to let

Go to top