Special Educational Needs (SEN)

A child or young person has SEN if they have a learning difficulty or disability which means they need extra help.

A child of school age has a learning difficulty or disability if they:

  • have greater difficulty in learning than most others of the same age
  • have a disability which prevents or hinders them from using facilities provided for others of the same age in schools or post-16 education

A child under school age has SEN:

  • if they are likely to come under the definitions above when they reach school age


  • would do so if special educational provisions were not made for them

Information about the support and services available to those with SEN is available on the Local Offer website. This is hosted on the LiveWell Southend website.

For queries relating to children and Young People with SEN please first speak to the SENCo at their educational setting. You can also contact the Southend SEND Service on 01702 215246 or Email us.

Contact SEND Team

Telephone: 01702 215246

Go to top
Feedback button
Feedback Button