If you arrange and pay for your own social care or use direct payments to do this and have problems with the care you receive, you should contact your care provider.
If you are not satisfied with their response and they are registered with the Care Quality Commission, you can contact the Local Government Ombudsman (LGO), an independent and impartial body who can investigate your complaint.
This does not apply for those employing a personal assistant or other care provider not registered with the CQC. For advice and guidance on employing a Personal Assistant, email: sdp@Vibrance.org.uk or call: 01702 214 540 alternatively write to:Vibrance Direct Payments Advice
90 - 92 Baxter Avenue
Essex SS2 6HZ
If you use direct payments and are unhappy with your social care assessment or any of our staff involved in your direct payments, you can:
- complete our online complaint form
- contact your social worker or key worker or the Customer Services Manager on 01702 215008 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about making a compliment, comment or complaint, see our leaflet: 'how you can help us to improve services'.
If you are concerned that you or someone else is at risk of harm or exploitation, it is important to tell someone. You can do this by:
- contacting Adult Social Care Services on 01702 215008
- completing our online 'safeguarding adults' form
- telephoning one of the following numbers:
- Southend Police Station on 01702 431212