Schools - complaints

Occasionally it is necessary for parents or carers to express concerns and make complaints to schools. It is in the best interest of all parties that any complaints and concerns expressed are resolved as quickly as possible.

In the first instance always try and see if the problem can be resolved by discussing the problem with your child's teacher.

If the issue cannot be resolved to your satisfaction on an informal basis then you should write to the Headteacher explaining your complaint.

If you are unhappy with the Headteacher's response then you can make a formal complaint to the school's Governing Body.

If you are still not happy after the completion of the formal complaint you can make a complaint to the Secretary of State for Education.

Further information can be found in our how to raise concerns document. This gives more information about how you should raise concerns and make complaints about any issues that may affect your children.

Contact switchboard and out of hours

Telephone: 01702 215000

Most popular downloads - schools complaints

Go to top