Dangerous Wild Animals Licence


Apart from the losted exceptions, you must get a licence from us every 2 years to keep any animal listed in the Schedule of The Dangerous Wild Animals Act 1976. The Act does not apply to: 

  • zoos
  • circuses
  • pet shops
  • registered establishments for carrying out animal experiments.

To apply for this licence or renewal please download and fill in the relevant application form.

For the general conditions on keeping dangerous wild animals please see the related downloads. There will be further conditions which will depend on which animal you would like to keep. For more information about the Dangerous Wild Animals Act 1976 please view the National Archives website.

More Information

To apply for an Dangerous Wild Animals Licence or to renew your current licence you must use our online form.

In order for you to be able to apply online you will need to create a MySouthend account. Our new online process makes applying and renewing Dangerous Wild Animals Licences quicker and easier. As part of the ongoing modernisation of our licensing service, you can now create an online account. This means that you can apply for or renew, vary or transfer an existing licence and track its progress during the application process.

Go to top
Feedback button
Feedback Button