Getting a Venue Approved for Marriages - Licence directory


If you own a venue you may want to be licensed as an Approved Premises for:

  • civil marriages
  • civil partnership ceremonies
  • celebratory ceremonies

Once licensed you are able to offer:

  • civil marriages
  • civil partnerships
  • renewal of vows
  • naming
  • commitment ceremonies at your venue

We welcome a variety of premises to become licensed including:

  • stately homes
  • hotels
  • civic buildings
  • restaurants or community centres

Ceremonies cannot take place in the open air or in a temporary or moveable structure.

The license lasts for 3 years.

Please contact the Proper Officer for Registration Service on 01702 534170 for more information.

More information

To apply, please contact the team:

Go to top