Brook Sexual Health and Wellbeing Service: Southend on Sea
From 1 April 2021, sexual health services in Southend-on-Sea will be delivered by Brook in partnership with SH:24. This will include the ongoing provision of face-to-face services for all ages, alongside quick and easy online access to STI testing and contraception. All services are FREE to access for Southend residents.
What does Brook Southend offer?
Brook Southend will provide help and support for everyone in Southend-on-Sea, this includes:
- Testing and treatment of Sexually Transmitted Infections (STIs)
- A full range of contraceptive methods, including long-acting reversible contraception (LARC) and the contraceptive pill
- Emergency contraception
- A condom distribution scheme providing free condoms from a number of local outlets
- Pregnancy testing and support with pregnancy choices, including abortion referrals
- HIV testing and referral to support services
- Information and support with all aspects of sexual health and wellbeing
- Dedicated clinics for residents under the age of 25
- Sexual health promotion, community outreach, education, and training
Online services, provided by SH:24, include:
- STI testing and, where possible, treatment
- Emergency hormonal contraception
- The contraceptive pill, patch ring and self-injectable
- Diagnosis and treatment of genital warts and herpes
How to contact Brook Southend
Until further notice, Brook Southend services are accessible by appointment only. Appointments will be available from 1 April 2021 and can be booked by calling 0330 135 5916.
Where possible, please use the available online services for STI testing and contraception. More information about these can be found at sexualhealthsouthend.co.uk.
In time, Brook Southend will offer a mixture of bookable appointments and walk-ins, meaning you can turn up during opening hours and see a member of the team.
A number of GP surgeries and Community Pharmacists provide some sexual health services, these include:
- chlamydia testing for under 25s
- chlamydia treatment
- contraception advice and provision
- emergency contraception
Speak with your GP or local community pharmacist to see what services they provide.
HIV Home-Sampling Screening
If you are worried about HIV you may be able to receive a free HIV home-sampling kit straight to your door. The test is small, discreet and easy to do. To find out if you are eligible to test visit the test HIV website.