Listed are details of various money advice support groups.
- Citizens Advice Bureau - debt and money advice including information on pensions, savings and borrowing money
- StepChange - aims to help you manage your debt problems. Whether it's what to expect when you can't afford to pay your debts, how to create a personal budget, or practical solutions for dealing with your debt
- National Debtline - The aim is to help people regain control of their finances with personalised solutions
- Southend Citizens Advice Bureau (CAB) - The CAB offers residents of Southend-on-Sea a quality advice and information service
- GOV.UK - Offers a wealth of advice from the government, lenders and from advice agencies. The information here will give you the tools you need to prevent your home being repossessed
- Debt Support Trust - Debt Support Trust is a not for profit debt charity (SC041902) with trained, friendly debt advisors. The advisors can offer you telephone or internet based debt advice and you are under no obligation to proceed with the advice they provide
- Shelter - If you are struggling with debt, rent or mortgage arrears, you need to take action as soon as possible. Call Shelter's free advice helpline on 0808 800 4444 or visit their advice pages online