Coronavirus - (COVID-19)

Worried? Need help with food shopping or other tasks? If you have no friends or family nearby who can help then please call our helpline on 01702 212497.

Visit our Coronavirus page for the latest advice and guidance.

Special Educational Needs (SEN)

A child or young person has SEN if they have a learning difficulty or disability which calls for extra help to be provided to them.

A child of compulsory school age has a learning difficulty or disability if they:

  • have significantly greater difficulty in learning than the majority of others of the same age
  • have a disability which prevents or hinders them from making use of facilities of a kind generally provided for others of the same age in mainstream schools or mainstream post-16 institutions

Children are not considered to have SEN just because their first language is not English.

A child under compulsory school age has SEN:

  • if they are likely to come under the definitions above when they reach compulsory school age or
  • would do so if special educational provision was not made for them

The local offer is hosted on the LiveWell Southend website.

Please see our SEND Inspection report - Written Statement of Action page.

Page last updated: 08/01/2020