Health & Wellbeing Board
Health & Wellbeing Board
Find out more about health and wellbeing related services in Southend
SHIP is Southend’s Information Point and Directory of Services for Adults, Children and Families. Find out more at http://www.southendinfopoint.org/
Southend’s Joint Strategic Needs Assessment (JSNA)
The Joint Strategic Needs Assessment (JSNA) for Southend-on-Sea reports on the health and wellbeing needs of local people today and for the future. It contains a wealth of data on the life experiences of people living in Southend. It compares our communities with others across the country on measures of education, income, and lifestyle that affect our ability to lead a long and healthy life.
See the summary of Southend’s JSNA here.
Health and Wellbeing in Southend-on-Sea
Following the Health and Social Care Act 2012, Southend-on-Sea has a Health and Wellbeing Board which is made up of local statutory organisations and health related partners who are working in partnership to improve health and wellbeing for Southend's residents. The ambition is that everyone living in Southend-on-Sea has the best possible opportunity to live long, fulfilling, healthy lives.
- Our children to have the best start in life
- To encourage and support local people to make healthier choices
- People to have control over their lives as independently as possible
- To enable our older population to lead fulfilling lives as citizens
Southend's Health and Wellbeing Board is made up of representatives from:
- Southend-on-Sea Borough Council (SBC)
- NHS Southend Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG)
- Healthwatch Southend
- Southend University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust (SUHFT)
- Essex Partnership University NHS Foundation Trust (EPUT)
- Southend Association of Voluntary Services (SAVS)
- Pre-School Learning Alliance (PLA)
Find out more about how partners are working together to improve patient experience through the Integrated Care Pioneer scheme.
Cllr Lesley Salter (Chair) Executive Councillor for Health and Adult Social Care, Belfairs Ward Councillor
Dr José Garcia Lobera (Vice Chair) NHS Southend Clinical Commissioning Group Chair and Clinical Lead for Mental Health
Cllr Charles Willis – Westborough Ward Councillor
Cllr John Lamb – Leader of the Council, West Leigh Ward Councillor
Cllr Meg Davidson – Prittlewell Ward Councillor
Cllr Ron Woodley – Thorpe Ward Councillor
Cllr James Moyies – West Shoebury Ward Councillor
Alison Griffin, Chief Executive, Southend-on-Sea Borough Council
Simon Leftley - Deputy Chief Executive (People), Southend-on-Sea Borough Council
Andrea Atherton - Director of Public Health, Southend-on-Sea Borough Council
Dr Krishna Chaturvedi - Clinical Executive Committee Chair, NHS Southend Clinical Commissioning Group
Ian Stidston - Interim Accountable Officer, NHS Southend Clinical Commissioning Group
Clare Panniker - Chief Executive and Accountable Officer, Southend University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust (SUHFT)
Sally Morris - Chief Executive, Essex Partnership University NHS Foundation Trust (EPUT)
Alison Semmence - Chief Executive Officer, Southend Association of Voluntary Services (SAVS)
Neil Leitch - Chief Executive, Pre-school Learning Alliance
Elizabeth Chidgey - Chair, Southend Local Safeguarding Children Board (LSCB) and Safeguarding Adults Board (SAB)
Cllr Cheryl Nevin - Observer in capacity as People Scrutiny Chair, Milton Ward Councillor
Southend Health and Wellbeing Board meetings
Everyone is welcome to come and observe Southend’s Health and Wellbeing Board and Southend residents can submit questions to the Health and Wellbeing Board as follows;
- Questions should be submitted to the Democratic Services team either by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to: Democratic Services Team, Floor 2, Civic Centre, Victoria Avenue, Southend-on-Sea, SS2 6ER, no later than 2 clear working days before the date of the meeting.
- Questions need to relate to the business of the Board.
- Answers will be provided in writing as well as addressed at the next eligible Health and Wellbeing Board meeting.
- The period for addressing questions will not exceed 15 minutes.
- Neither the question or the response will be subject of debate.
21st June 2017, 5pm - The Tickfield Centre, Tickfield Industrial Estate, Tickfield Ave, Southend-on-Sea, SS2 6LL
20th September 2017, 5pm - The Tickfield Centre, Tickfield Industrial Estate, Tickfield Ave, Southend-on-Sea, SS2 6LL
6th December 2017, 5pm - The Tickfield Centre, Tickfield Industrial Estate, Tickfield Ave, Southend-on-Sea, SS2 6LL
24th January 2018, 5pm - The Tickfield Centre, Tickfield Industrial Estate, Tickfield Ave, Southend-on-Sea, SS2 6LL
21st March 2018, 5pm - The Tickfield Centre, Tickfield Industrial Estate, Tickfield Ave, Southend-on-Sea, SS2 6LL
Minutes for previous meetings can be viewed on our Minutes Section.
For questions about Southend's Health and Wellbeing Board, please contact Robert Harris, Committee Officer on 01702 215000 or email email@example.com.
Page last updated: 19/09/2017