We have received funding from the Department for Transport in the first round of the Sustainable Transport Fund. This funding will go towards developing and promoting sustainable travel in Southend.
What is sustainable travel?
Sustainable travel is any form of transport that keeps damage to our environment to a minimum. It ranges from public transport, car sharing, walking, cycling and electric, hybrid and biodiesel cars.
What are we looking at doing?
- reducing traffic congestion
- working with public transport companies to improve information on times and tickets.
- encouraging people to walk more, cycle or use public transport rather than using cars.
- build on the success of the Cycle Southend
- encourage more use of electric vehicles
Any suggestions on how we can use the funding?
Businesses can benefit from a proposed £5m package of sustainable transport measures in partnership with us.
If you have any suggestions about how we can work towards a greener, more sustainable, low carbon transport please contact [email protected] for more details.
Page last updated: 26/10/2018