Modern Slavery Act 2015
Modern slavery encompasses slavery, servitude, human trafficking and forced labour. Victims of modern slavery are held against their will and are often unseen or unheard. They may be forced into sexual exploitation, criminal activity, inhumane treatment and servitude. Victims can be trafficked internationally as well as between towns or counties within a country.
We have a zero tolerance approach to any form of modern slavery and is committed to ensuring effective processes are in place to safeguard against any form of modern slavery taking place within the organisation or supply chain.
Our Modern Slavery Statement
Our Modern Slavery Statement 2019-20 is made is accordance to s.54 of the Modern Slavery Act 2015.
Report a concern
If you think someone is a victim of modern slavery or human trafficking you may report this via The Modern Slavery Helpline 0800 0121 700
If you think a child is the victim of modern slavery or human trafficking you may report via:
- southend-on-Sea Borough Council's Access Team 01702 215008 (option 1)
- emergency Duty Team 0345 606 1212 (out of hours 365 days a year)
- NSPCC Child Protection Helpline 0800 800 5000
If you think an adult is the victim of modern slavery or human trafficking you may make a referral via:
- the Salvation Army 24 hour confidential referral helpline 0300 303 8151
- stop the Traffik 24 hour confidential victim helpline 0207 921 4258
For additional support or advice regarding modern slavery and human trafficking see the links below: