Private landlords - advice
Do you have a private rental property available to let?
If the answer is yes, we want to hear from you. Southend-on-Sea City Council currently has many households in emergency accommodation. We are looking for low cost rented accommodation to let to them on Assured Shorthold Tenancies.
In return, not only will you play a part in ending homelessness in Southend, but you will also benefit from:
- rent and deposit paid direct by the Council, up front
- a dedicated council officer to call should you wish to discuss any issues with the tenancy
- knowledge that we will be ensuring support is provided to the tenant
- being able to discuss additional incentives
Please tell us about your property using this short form, by calling our housing solutions team on 01702 215002 or email us.
When you click the link you will have the option of registering for My Southend. Registering for My Southend is very quick and will enable you to save your form. However if you do not wish to register for My Southend, select the continue without registering option.
- useful information for tenants, managing agents and landlords on the central government website
- top tips for assured shorthold landlords: Useful tips for landlords
- assured and assured shorthold tenancies guide for landlords: This booklet explains the most important features of landlords’ and tenants’ rights and responsibilities
- to find out about our policy on our loans and grants to landlords please see our related downloads. Or for advice, please call the Private Sector Housing Support Officer
- if you want to explore the option of getting Council Tenants for your property, please contact the Housing Options Team
- advice on reducing legionnaires disease in residential accommodation: Please refer to pages 45-47 for information relating specifically to shared premises and residential accommodation