Reporting needles, syringes and drug related waste

You must not dispose of sharps, needles, syringes and other types of clinical waste in the waste sacks. If you do generate needles or any clinical waste you are unsure about, then please speak to the medical establishment or health professional treating you. Alternatively please see our clinical waste collection page.

If you find needles or any type of drug related waste in a public place, please contact us so we can arrange for their safe removal. Please do not touch the items. If the items can be guarded to prevent injury until we arrive, this would be helpful.

If drug related waste is found on educational premises during working hours, you should report them to the staff on the premises immediately.

If needles or other drug-related waste are found on private property, please report this using our online form on MySouthend. Alternatively, why not register for MySouthend where you can manage and keep track of your reports online and have control to get the information you need, without having to call or visit us. When you register with MySouthend you will receive updates on the progress of your report. Register, or sign in to your MySouthend account.

Contact waste, fly tipping, fly posting & graffiti

Telephone: 01702 215006

Online forms - reporting needles, syringes and drug related waste

Go to top