Dial-a-Ride is a door-to-door transport service for people with disabilities who are unable to use public transport. The service is operated by Vecteo on behalf of the Council.
Who can use Dial-a-Ride?
To use Dial-a-Ride you must:
- be a member of Dial-a-Ride
- live within Southend
- have difficulty using public transport because of disability or qualify under one of the following criteria:
- be in receipt of Higher Rate Mobility Component of Disability Living Allowance
- be registered blind
- be in receipt of Higher Rate Attendance Allowance (for women aged over 60 and men aged over 65)
- be in receipt of Mobility Supplement of War Pension
Applying for a Dial-a-Ride membership
You can apply for a membership online. Once we have received this it will take up to 10 days to process. You will then receive a phone call from Vecteo to let you know that the membership has been registered.
You can also call Vecteo on 01702 908888 and choose option 3 between 10am and 5pm Monday to Friday. From there we can complete a membership form over the telephone with you or arrange for a membership form to be sent out to you.
- under 16s must be accompanied by an adult
- if you require a carer, assistant, or someone else to travel with you please remember to book their place when booking your own journey, please see the fare chart for charges for escorts
- escorts for registered visually impaired people, travel free of charge
How to book Dial-a-Ride
You can call to make a booking on 01702 908888 and choose option 3 between 10am and 5pm Monday to Friday. Bookings will need to be made one week in advance (for example, call on a Monday for the following Monday, a Tuesday for the following Tuesday and so on). Journeys will be on a strictly first come first served basis. Bookings cannot be taken outside of the times given above.
When can I use Dial-a-Ride?
Monday to Friday - 10:00am to 2:30pm
First pick up is 10:00am and the last drop off completed by 2:30pm
Where can I use Dial-a-Ride?
You can use Dial-a-Ride to go to any destination with the city of Southend. This includes day centres and medical appointments.
Please remember that if an appointment is delayed, we will not be able to wait for you past your booked return time. As a result, any return fares on any missed journeys will not be refunded.
|Miles||Single Journey||Return Journey|
|0 to 1 miles||£3.50||£7.00|
|1 to 4 miles||£4.10||£8.20|
|4 to 6 miles||£5.20||£10.40|
|6 + miles||£6.25||£12.50|
|Escort to travel||£3.00||£6.00|
If you require an escort, carer, assistant or someone to travel with you there is an added cost of £3 per journey (£6 return) per extra person. Escorts for registered visually impaired people can travel free of charge.
All care dogs are welcome and travel free of charge.
Vecteo contact details
- Telephone: 01702 908888
- Email: email@example.com
To register a complaint please email firstname.lastname@example.org