Pay Your Business Rates
Why not register today for MySouthend, our online facility designed to make your life easier. You can view your Non Domestic Rates bills, make payments, view your account details, payment dates and notifications as well as other online services.
You can ask (via telephone, letter or email) to pay your business rates either:
- quarterly (1st April, 1st July, 1st October and 1st January)
- biannually (1st April and 1st October)
- annually (1st April)
- 12 monthly instalments (April - March)
If you pay by Direct Debit we automatically claim the monthly instalment due from your bank account.
To set up a direct debit you can either:
- use our online application form
- download the form found in related downloads and follow the instructions on the form.
Online or on the Phone
Payments can be made by credit card and debit card over the phone and online. We accept:
- Visa (not Visa Electron)
To pay by debit/credit card over the phone either:
- call the 24 hour payment line on 08702 406650
- call us directly during office hours and one of our officers will help.
To pay online please use the relevant online form.
Credit card payments incur a 1.5% surcharge.
Send a cheque (made payable to Southend Council) along with a letter quoting your full name, address and account number to:Southend-on-Sea Borough Council
PO Box 21
Essex SS2 6AN
You are likely to be charged an extra fee for paying at the Post Office or bank.
To pay at the Post Office complete a 'Transcash' slip and pay your money at their counter. The payment can take 7 days for us to receive, so you should pay your bill earlier to ensure that we get the payment on time.
To pay at the bank simply take a copy of your Business Rates Bill (or just a note of your account number, our bank account details and the instalment amount) to the bank and they should sort out the payment.
Page last updated: 08/04/2016