Secondary School Admissions
It is the responsibility of parents to apply for a school place at the correct times. You will not receive any letters from Southend-on-Sea Borough Council to inform you that you must apply for your child’s school place.
All transfers from year 6 to year 7 for residents living in the Borough of Southend-on-Sea are received and processed by the School Admissions Team at Southend-on-Sea Borough Council. All in-year admissions for Secondary schools in the Borough are to be made directly to the schools.
Secondary School Admissions 2019/20
Parents and carers must apply for 2019/20 between 1 September 2018 and 31 October 2018 any applications received after the 31 October will be considered as late applications and will be processed after all the on- time applications are processed. Key information on what to do now is available on the information flyer below. Please read the Secondary Admissions Booklet (below) as it contains all the information you need to know about making an application for your child, as well as the admission policies for secondary schools in the borough. If you wish to consider the admission policies for schools outside the borough please access the respective booklet on the schools website. It is important that you look at the admission policies of the schools you would like to apply for and consider how any application you make relates to the criteria for individual schools
- Secondary Admissions Booklet 2019/20
- Erratum September 2018 three corrections
- Secondary School reminder flyer 2019
- Starting Secondary School in Southend in September 2019 - Flyer
- Open Days for Secondary Schools in Southend for children transferring to year 7 Sept 2019
- Parents Guide to applying online for school admissions to Year R, Year 3, Year 7
- Secondary School Catchment map
- SS0-SS9 Defined Map
- Catchment area - Postcode look up table
- St Bernards High School Priority Area Map
- Online application form
- Paper Version Secondary Admission Application Form
- Schools in the Borough
- Year Table Group
- The FitzWimarc School - Practical Selection Process for 2019 Admission
- Admission Arrangements to 6th Form - 2019
- Secondary Admissions Booklet 2018/19* (for in year transfers)
*Please note that Belfairs Academy and St Thomas More High school expanded their Publish Admission Number after the booklet was published. This was as the Local Authority required additional secondary school places.
Page last updated: 10/10/2018