Secondary School Admissions
All transfers from year 6 to year 7 for residents living in the Borough of Southend-on-Sea are coordinated by the School Admissions Team at Southend-on-Sea Borough Council. All in-year admissions for Secondary schools in the Borough are to be made directly to the schools.
Secondary School Admissions 2018/19
Parents and carers must apply for 2018/19 between 1st September 2017 and 31st October 2017. The booklet with relevant information is available below.
National Offer Day was 1st March 2018. You can submit an application at any point if you have not applied. Please use the paper form available below.
*Please note that Belfairs Academy and St Thomas More High school expanded their Publish Admission Number after the booklet was published. This was as the Local Authority required additional secondary school places.
- Open Days for Secondary Schools in Southend for children transferring to year 7 Sept 2019
- Starting Secondary School in Southend in September 2018 - Flyer
- Secondary Admissions Booklet 2017/18
- Open days for Secondary Schools in Southend for children transferring to year 7 Sept 2018
- Parents Guide to applying online for school admissions to Year R, Year 3, Year 7
- Starting Secondary School in Southend in September 2017 - Flyer
- Secondary Schools Catchment Area Map (West)
- Online application form
- Paper Version Secondary Admission Application Form
- Schools in the Borough
- Admission to 6th Form for schools in the Borough
- Supplementation Information Forms (SIF) for Secondary Schools
- Year Table Group
- catchment area - Postcode look up table
Page last updated: 17/04/2018