Secondary School Admissions
All transfers from year 6 to year 7 for residents living in the Borough of Southend-on-Sea are coordinated by the School Admissions Team at Southend-on-Sea Borough Council. All in-year admissions for Secondary schools in the Borough are to be made directly to the schools.
Secondary School Admissions 2017/18
Applications for a September 2017 transfer to year 7 must be submitted between 1st September 2016 and 31st October 2016.
Please refer to the admissions booklet below for the process, policies and admission criteria for all schools in the area.
Parents who wish to attend open evenings and information events for secondary schools can download the advert. Applications can only be submitted to Southend-on-Sea Borough Council by those who pay Council Tax to Southend-on-Sea Borough Council and have children resident in the Borough.
Notice: The closing date for parents to register for their child to take either the Sports or Performing Arts aptitude tests at The Eastwood Academy is 7th September 2016. The form has 2nd September 2016 and the school have extended that to 7th September 2016
Secondary School Admissions 2016/17
If you are wishing to apply for a year 7 place please apply directly to the school/s of your choice. All secondary schools in Southend-on-Sea and Essex are processing their own in-year admissions. The School Admissions Team at the Council can advise you on schools in the area and schools with vacancies. Please call on 01702 212934 or email email@example.com.
- Secondary Admissions Booklet 2017/18
- Open days for Secondary Schools in Southend for children transferring to year 7 Sept 2017
- Parents Guide to applying online for school admissions to Year R, Year 3, Year 7
- Starting Secondary School in Southend in September 2017 - Flyer
- Catchment Area Postcode Look Up Table
- Secondary Schools Catchment Area Map (West)
- Online application form
- Secondary Admission Booklet 2016/17 (Updated 9th November 2015)
- Erratum to Secondary Admission Booklet 2016/17
- Paper Version Secondary Admission Application Form
- Admission Booklet 2016/17 (original, please see updated document dated 09.11.15)
- Additional flyer for Secondary School Admissions 2016
- Letter for Belfairs Applicants
- Revised Admission arrangements for Belfairs Academy 2016
- Admissions Booklet 2015/16 (main round closed, late applications still accepted. Criteria relevant for all In-year admissions during the school year 2015/16)
- Erratum,page28 - contact details for Futures Community College
- Schools in the Borough
- Admission to 6th Form for schools in the Borough
- Supplementation Information Forms (SIF) for Secondary Schools
- Year Table Group
Page last updated: 13/02/2017