Blue Food Waste BinWe provide weekly collections of food waste.
You will have been provided with two blue bins for this. The smaller kitchen caddy is to use in your kitchen, whilst the larger blue collection bin can be kept outdoors to use when the smaller bin is full.
To check your collection day, please use the 'Where I Live' facility.
Please present your bin at the edge of your property by 7am on your scheduled collection day. Please note that receptacles should not be presented earlier than the evening before collection, and should not be placed on the public footpath or grass verge or road or you may be liable to a Fixed Penalty Notice.
What can go in my blue food waste bin?
|You can put any cooked or uncooked food in your blue bin. Examples include:|
Bread and Pastries
|Leftovers and plate scrapings||Bread|
|Noodles, rice and pasta||Biscuits|
Eggs and egg shells
|Out of date food (please remove packaging)||
Tea and Coffee Grounds
Fish and Meat
|Tea bags||Raw fish|
|Tea leaves||Cooked fish|
|Coffee grounds||Fish bones|
Fruit and Vegetables
Blue Bin Top Tips
- Need a bin? If you haven’t received a bin or yours has been lost or damaged then please let us know by using the online form.
- Need more liners? If you need additional compostable liners, place your hanger on the handle of your blue collection bin on your collection day and we will deliver a new roll. Rolls of liners are delivered every 6 months with your other recycling sacks – see Collection Days, Delivery Dates and Getting Additional Sacks for your next scheduled delivery.
- Need a new hanger? Then please collect one from the Civic Centre or one of our Libraries.
- Keep your outside bin locked using the handle locking mechanism.
- Use the free compostable food waste liners provided to line your kitchen caddy – simply tie the top when full and deposit it into the large collection bin.
- Please do not use carrier bags in your blue bin – they are not compostable.
- Please do not leave any food outside the blue bin. If you require a second food waste bin please let us know using the online form.
- Please put your house number on your bin to ensure it is returned to you after collection.
- By keeping your bin clean you will prevent smells – using liners will help with this.
- Don’t forget that you can still compost at home, but items which cannot be home composted can be recycled using your blue bin.
Page last updated: 11/11/2016