If you have a large item to dispose of you can either
- contact a local charity to see if they can use it please note items such as sofas, armchairs and cushions, must have fire labels still attached
- take it to the Household Waste Recycling Centre (HWRC). Good quality unwanted items are accepted at the Stock Road Re-use Shop
- arrange for it to be collected. Please note, there will be a charge for this
How do I arrange a collection?
Bulky waste collections can be arranged by booking online using Veolia's bulky waste collection portal, or you can also call Veolia on 0203 567 6955 (charged at local rate) who will take your payment and confirm your booking over the phone.
What can be booked in for a bulky waste collection?
- bed base (single or double)
- mattress (single or double)
- chest of drawers
- carpet roll
- dressing table
- dining chair
- dvd or video player
- dining room table
- fridge/freezer (these must be defrosted before collection and shelves to be removed)
- microwave oven
- coffee table
- washing machine or tumble dryer
For any other item please contact us Veolia on 0203 567 6955 (charged at local rate).
Prices and how to pay
A maximum of 5 items can be booked at any one time.
Please contact us if you have more than 5 items to be collected.
Individual items and prices
- 1st individual bulky item - £9.90
- 2nd individual bulky item - £6.65
- 3rd individual bulky item - £6.65
- 4th individual bulky item - £6.65
- 5th individual bulky item - £6.65
Combined items and prices
- Three piece suite - £19.90
- Dining table and 4 chairs - £22.10
- Dining table and 6 chairs - £22.10
How do I pay?
Payment for online bookings through Veolia's bulky waste collection portal are by credit/debit card. If you are booking by phone the payment method will be confirmed by Veolia during the call.
Making the items ready for collection
You will be given your collection day during the booking process.
Please make sure that items are accessible and placed on the inside edge of your property.
Please put items out by 7am on the collection day.
Furniture containing persistent organic pollutants (POPs) will be collected separately. This may mean two vehicles collecting at different times. POPs are usually found in upholstered furniture like sofas and armchairs. More information can be found on our POPs web page.