When you receive your Blue Badge you will also receive a Rights and Responsibilities booklet detailing how and when the badge should be used. Please read this booklet carefully as there are serious penalties for misusing your Blue Badge.
- you must display your badge on the dashboard, where it can be clearly read through the front windscreen
- it is an offence to allow other people to use your badge to benefit from the concessions
We have the power to cancel badges that have been lost, stolen, have expired, or have been withdrawn for misuse and to provide Enforcement Officers with the power to recover, on-the-spot, badges that have been cancelled or misused.
Where can I park with my Blue Badge?
You can now park in the following car parks for free and is no longer restricted to only Badge Holders using a Southend-on-Sea Borough Council issued Blue Badge. On street parking bays remain available and free of charge.
- Belton Gardens (North and South)
- East Beach
- Fairheads Green (Sea Life Adventure Aquarium)
- Leigh Foundry
- Leigh Marshes
- Shoebury Common (North and South)
- Shorefield Road
Southend Town Centre Parking
- Alexandra Street
- Civic Centre (North) – only up to 2 hours
- Clarence Road
- Elmer Approach
- Essex Street
- Beecroft Upper
- London Road North (Rear of Santander)
- Short Street
- Warrior Square
- Tylers Avenue
- University Square - Barrier Controlled, fee charge as displayed on entry
- Ceylon Road
- Elm Road
- Hamlet Court Road
- Ilfracombe Avenue
- North Road
- North Street
- Thorpe Bay Broadway
On Street parking bays remain available and free of charge to all badge holders.
Where not to park
- places where there are loading and unloading restrictions
- parking places reserved for specific users
- on any pedestrian crossings
- on any clearways, double or single red lines or urban clearways during their hours of operation
- bus stops, bus lanes or cycle lanes
- where there are double white lines in the centre of the road
- anywhere it would be obstructive or cause a danger to others