You can now claim for a grant towards school uniform under our Essential Living Fund Scheme
To be eligible for this support the following conditions apply:
you are a parent or guardian of a child who is the following school years reception Year 1 to Year 11
You must meet one of the following exceptional circumstances:
- you have been made homeless and supported by the Local Council and placed into temporary accommodation and had to change schools
- you have been placed into a refuge and had to change schools
- you have lost school uniform in a fire or flood
Evidence from the relevant services may will be needed to support your application.
And you must be in receipt of one of the following:
- Income Support
- Income-Related Employment and Support Allowance
- Income Based Job Seekers Allowance
- Child Tax Credit, but not Working Tax Credit, with an annual income of less than £16,190
- The Guaranteed Element of Pension Credit
- Universal Credit, with an annual income of £7400 or below
For further information, copy of the policy and access to the online claim form please visit the main Essential Living Page.