Get a carer’s assessment

Who can have a carer’s assessment?

Carer’s assessments are for adults who provide unpaid care and support to someone who;

  • lives in Southend-on-Sea and;
  • is aged 18 or over and;
  • is disabled, ill or elderly

Carer’s assessments can be completed for someone even if the person you care doesn’t get any help with their care or support from Southend-on Sea Council.

Parents carers and young carers have two separate assessments:

  • a parent carer needs assessment can be requested if you are looking after a child or young person (aged under 18)
  • a young carer’s needs assessment if you are a child or young person (aged under 18) who helps to look after or support someone

Contact Adult Social Care

Telephone: 01702 215008

Useful websites - carers

Go to top