Can I claim benefit?

Can I claim Housing Benefit?

You may be able to make a claim for Housing Benefit if:

  • you pay rent to a private landlord, housing association, or a council property (note you cannot claim if you rent from close relatives that live in the same property) and...
  • you are not a mixed aged couple (meaning that one of you is under pension age and one is over pension age) and...
  • you are either living in supported or temporary exempt accommodation or receiving your state pension (if a couple you must both be receiving your state pension) and...
  • you have capital under £16,000

If you wish to make a claim please go to the Citizen Access Benefits portal.

Contact Benefits

Telephone: 01702 215001

Go to top