The Strategic Housing Team works to bring forward affordable and supported housing in the city. Also assist in providing a strategic direction for the Council and stakeholders in housing related matters.
The main priorities of the Strategic Housing Team include:
- assessing and planning for the current and future housing needs of the local population across all tenures
- working in partnership to develop and review some of our key housing strategy, policy and initiatives look at impact of national policy on these
- encouraging and facilitating the supply of new affordable and supported housing to meet local needs and promote a sustainable and balanced housing market
- help to promote sustainability and the improvement in the quality of the existing housing stock
- working in partnership to secure effective housing and neighbourhood management
Our Housing Policies and Strategies
Housing and homelessness policies and strategies
Southend Self and Custom Build Register
See below for a list of Registered Providers operating within the city:
- Chelmer Housing Partnership (CHP)
- London and Quadrant (LandQ)
Help To Buy (Affordable home Ownership)
If you want to purchase a home of your own, but cannot afford to buy on the open market, Help to Buy could be your way onto the property ladder. The Government has created the Help to Buy scheme to help you take your first steps into home ownership.
There are a number of Help to Buy products designed to make buying a home more affordable. You can buy a home using one of the home ownership options, or rent a home at less than the market rent, allowing you to save for a future deposit.
BPHA is the new Help to Buy agent for the East and South East and you can find out more about the services they offer by visiting the Help to Buy website.