Coronavirus - (COVID-19)

Worried? Need help with food shopping or other tasks? If you have no friends or family nearby who can help then please call our helpline on 01702 212497.

Visit our Coronavirus page for the latest advice and guidance.

Air Pollution

Industrial Air Pollution Control

Some types of industry need to have a permit before they can operate. The permit includes conditions that the business must meet to reduce or prevent pollution.

Depending on the activity a permit will be required either from The Environment Agency or us.

The permits we can issue are either classified as Part A2 or B Permits. We have not issued any ‘’A2’ Permits, but have issued Part B permits. Part B permits control pollutants which are emitted to air and includes the following processes:

  • Concrete batching plants
  • Crematoria
  • Dry Cleaning
  • Motor vehicle respraying (coating processes)
  • Petrol Vapour Recovery (Service Stations)
  • Printers (Coating process)
  • Waste oil burners <0.4MW.

The details of these permits are contained on a public register which we hold. Please see our current list of permitted processes. The current list of permitted processes is updated every April.

There are Guidance Notes which are available on the Department of Environment Food and Rural Affairs (DEFRA) website which details the controls for the different processes.

If you think you may need a permit for your business you are advised to contact us to discuss this further.

Application fees are set annually by the government and are published on the DEFRA website and the correct fee must accompany your application. There is an annual fee for the permit and a late fee if the fee is not paid within the required period.

Page last updated: 30/10/2019