Post Adoption Support
We continue to support you after the child or children have joined your family.
- We visit regularly to see how you are getting on.
- You can meet other adopters at our monthly Post-Adoption Groups to discuss any issues you may have and look at any training opportunities that are available.
- We also hold fortnightly pre-school groups for adopted children and adopters called Sparkles.
The adoption becomes legal
- You cannot apply for an Adoption Order until the child has lived with you for 10 weeks.
- The court will not grant one until after they have been with you for at least 19 weeks.
- An adoption becomes legal only after the making of an Adoption Order in a court.
- This finally means that you are the legal parent of the child and nothing can revoke that.
Page last updated: 22/04/2014