New 60 bed care facility and day centre project
A new 60-bedroom care facility and day care centre is being built on the site of the old Priory care home and PLT Southend Academy (formerly Seabrook College).
The new building will replace the smaller Priory and Delaware care homes. It will also provide a new home for the Viking day care centre.
All current services will remain open until the new building opens, at which point residents will transfer across to the new building.
The new facility will be operated by Southend Care Ltd under a lease agreement.
It will provide high quality services for people with high and complex needs, including dementia, and incorporating specialist services for people with disabilities.
The new centre will be flexible, enabling people to remain as independent as possible.
It will offer a wide range of activities to meet individual needs and interests. As well as providing
- personal care
- health interventions.
- appointment of design team and quantity surveyor - October 2017
- planning application submitted - May 2018
- planning application to be determined at committee - August 2018
- demolition of PLT Southend Academy (who are moving to former Wentworth School site) - late summer/early Autumn 2018
- work begins on site (subject to planning approval) - late 2018
- construction completed - Spring 2020
- new care facility and day care centre opens - early Summer 2020
- construction to be completed - Autumn 2021
- new care facility and day care centre opens - early 2022