Bulky Waste Collection
If you have a large item to dispose of you can either:
- Contact a local charity to see if they would be able to use it – please note for sofas, armchairs and cushions, items must have fire labels still attached.
- Take it to the Household Waste Recycling Centre; or
- We can collect it. Please note, there will be a charge for this.
How do you arrange a collection?
To arrange a bulky waste collection please call 01702 215006. Your details will be recorded so that our new contractor Veolia can contact within 48 hours to book you in and take your payment.
What can be booked in for a bulky waste collection?
- Bed base (single or double)
- Mattress (single or double)
- Chest of Drawers
- Carpet Roll
- Dressing Table
- Dining Chair
- DVD or Video Player
- Dining Room Table
- Fridge/Freezer (these must be defrosted before collection and shelves to be removed)
- Microwave oven
- Coffee table
- Washing machine or Tumble Dryer
For any other item please contact us on 01702 215006.
Prices and how to pay
|1st individual bulky item||£7.50|
|2nd individual bulky item||£5.00|
|3rd individual bulky item||£5.00|
|4th individual bulky item||£5.00|
|5th individual bulky item||£5.00|
|Combined bulky items:|
|Three piece suite||£17.50|
|Dining table and 6 chairs||£17.50|
|A maximum of 5 items can be booked at any one time|
|Please contact us if you have more than 5 items to be collected|
How do you pay?
Veolia will confirm the payment method when they contact you.
Making the items ready for collection
Please make sure that items are accessible and placed on the inside edge of your property. Please present items by 7am on the collection day which you will be given during the booking process. Items presented sooner than this will be considered fly-tipping.
Page last updated: 19/11/2015