Bulky Waste Collection
If you have a large item to dispose of you can either:
- Contact a local charity to see if they would be able to use it – please note for sofas, armchairs and cushions, items must have fire labels still attached.
- Take it to the Household Waste Recycling Centre; or
- We can collect it. Please note, there will be a charge for this.
How do you arrange a collection?
You can either Arrange a bulky waste collection online here or contact us on 01702 215006.
What can be booked in for a bulky waste collection?
- Bed base (single or double)
- Mattress (single or double)
- Chest of Drawers
- Carpet Roll
- Dressing Table
- Dining Chair
- DVD or Video Player
- Dining Room Table
- Fridge/Freezer (these must be defrosted before collection and shelves to be removed)
- Microwave oven
- Coffee table
- Washing machine or Tumble Dryer
Please refer to the A – Z of Recycling if you are unsure about where to recycle your item.
For any other item please contact Cory Environmental on 01702 617766.
Prices and how to pay
|1st individual bulky item||£7.50|
|2nd individual bulky item||£5.00|
|3rd individual bulky item||£5.00|
|4th individual bulky item||£5.00|
|5th individual bulky item||£5.00|
|Combined bulky items:|
|Three piece suite||£17.50|
|Dining table and 6 chairs||£17.50|
|A maximum of 5 items can be booked at any one time|
|Please contact Cory Environmental if you have more than 5 items to be collected|
|Collection will be from the front edge of your property.|
|Cory Environmental will not collect mattresses if they are heavily soiled. If you are in any doubt, please contact Cory.|
|Cory Environmental can be contacted on 01702 617766|
How do you pay?
You must pay for your collection first in the following ways:
- Online - using the online Bulky Waste Collection Form
- By telephone, using a debit or credit card. Please note that card payments must be made directly to Cory Environmental on 01702 617766 before 3.30pm.
- Cash or cheque (made out to Cory Environmental) paid directly into Cory Environmental's office (Central Cleansing Depot, Eastern Avenue).
Please do not put items out for collection too far in advance, as they are likely to attract fly-tipping and littering.
When will we collect the items?
- White goods (e.g. fridge, washing machine, etc.) will take place within 5 working days if payment is made online or 7 days if you have paid another way
- If you are paying by telephone or in person, you will be given a collection date at that time.
Making the items ready for collection
- Please make sure that items are accessible and placed on the inside edge of your property.
Page last updated: 03/02/2015