Primary School Admissions
Primary School Admissions to reception and year 3 at an Infant, Junior or Primary School are coordinated for all schools in the borough by the School Admissions Team, Southend-on-Sea Borough Council. Admissions during the school year are called In-year admissions. Application forms and further details about in-year admission should be made by selecting 'in-year admissions' on this web site.
Primary School Admission 2016/17 (main round to years R and 3, all other applications are called 'in-year')
Applications for a September 2016 start in Reception year or Year 3 can be submitted between 14th September 2015 and 15th January 2016.
The online service is now closed, however parents can apply late using our paper form.
Parents only need to apply for Year 3 if they wish to change schools between Year 2 and 3. Children in Infant schools automatically transfer to the 'linked' Junior School and do not need to apply (eg. Hamstel Infant to Hamstel Junior School). School places are not offered on a 'first come first served' basis, but are considered in line with the admission criteria for each school. Please consult the Year group table below to check when your child is due to start school or which year group your child is in.
- Primary School Admissions Booklet 2016
- Primary school admission 2016 - in summary 'What you need to do'
- Year Group Table
- Advert for admission in 2016
- Admissions Booklet 2015/16
- Erratum to pages 22, 31 and 32 of Primary Admissions Booklet 2015/16
- Online Application Form (only for admission to new year R in 2016, year 3 and year 7)
- Schools in the Borough
- User Guide for Online Applications - Short Guide
- User Guide for Online Applications - Full Guide with Screenshots
- SIF - Supplementary Information Forms
- Guidance on SBC policy for applications to defer admission for summer born children
- Catchment Area Postcode Lookup Table
- Primary School Catchments Area Map (East)
- Primary School Catchments Area Map (West)
|If you have a child born between 1st September 2011 and 31st August 2012, he or she is due to start school in September 2016.
Applications for this year group can be submitted online or in hardcopy anytime between 14th September 2015 and 15th January 2016.
Page last updated: 18/01/2016