Admission Policies and Reports
Here you will find the Determined Admission Arrangements and copies of the Annual Reports to the Office of the Schools Adjudicator. The determined admission arrangements for a school are the full set of arrangements which set out how a school will admit pupils.
Determined admission arrangements for schools in the borough of Southend-on-sea
Southend-on-sea Borough Council is the admission authority for all community in the area. This means that the council sets the oversubscription criteria and makes the decisions as to which pupils are admitted to these schools. The admission authority for foundation, voluntary aided schools and Academies is the governing body or Academy Trust of the individual school.
The admission arrangements for all schools must be determined 18 months in advance from September of the academic year to which they are relevant. For the academic year 2019/20, all admission authorities must have determined their arrangements by the 28th February 2018. The Composite prospectus of all finalised arrangements must be published by the 8th August 2018.
The admission arrangements for all schools in the area can be found below and any documents that are in consultation or not yet finalised can be found on the admission consultation page:
- Criteria – Public Notice web – Determination 2019
- Criteria – Composite Prospectus 2019 pages 1-13 (Introduction and Community Schools)
- Criteria – Composite Prospectus 2019 pages 14-73 (Primary part 1)
- Criteria – Composite Prospectus 2019 pages 74-142 (Primary part 2)
- Criteria – Composite Prospectus 2019 pages 143-210 (Secondary Schools)
- Criteria - 15.3.18 Postcode List 2019
- Rt Hon Nick Gibb MP - Letter re. admission of children adopted from care outside of England
- Southend-on-Sea Community Schools - Catchment map September 2019
- Chalkwell Hall Infant School and Chalkwell Hall Junior School - Catchment map 2019
- Leigh North Street - Catchment map 2019
- West Leigh Infant School and West Leigh Junior - Catchment map 2019
- Co-ordinated Admissions Scheme 2017-18
- Co-ordinated Admissions Scheme 2018-19
- Co-ordinated Admission Scheme 2019-20
- Criteria - Determined admission arrangements -composite document 17-18
- Criteria - Determined admission arrangements - composite document 2018-19
- LA report to the Office of the Schools Adjudicator 2018
- LA report to the Office of the Schools Adjudicator 2017
- LA report to the Office of the Schools Adjudicator 2016
- LA report to the Office of the Schools Adjudicator 2015
- LA report to the Office of the Schools Adjudicator 2014
Administrative area of Southend-on-sea
You live in the area served by Southend-on-sea Borough Council if your council tax is payable to Southend-on-sea Borough Council.
Page last updated: 28/06/2018